Adam Sandler’s ‘Ridiculous Six’ Is Making History for Netflix

Discussion in 'Netflix' started by LeoIrish, Jan 6, 2016.

1. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bleblanc10

bleblanc10 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I have not watched this yet and I'm not sure if i am ever going to, not crazy about Adam Sandler.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Well, I did loved Blended when it came out simply because Terry Crews was there, not because Adam Sandler is the lead. But I might give this film a try since Terry Crews is here as well. On the other hand, does anyone here think that Adam Sandler should try other genres of movie? Or maybe something more serious? His comedy seems to be out of style now.

5. Haruka

Haruka Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    I read somewhere that the only reason it broke records was because Netflix kept pushing it like crazy. I haven't watched it yet, but not because of Adam Sandler and more just because I'm not a fan of Westerns, and as for Netflix advertising it excessively, I can't confirm that either because I'm not a customer, but it does sound plausible.

6. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Jobless Dragon Priest.

Jan 31, 2016
    Tamriel (Well mostly)
    Well, after that whole debacle with the native American co-stars, I was less than thrilled to even watch this film (can't say that I'm an Adam Sandler fan myself. I think he's losing his touch.) But with this whole 'most streamed film within 30 days' now I'm tempted to give it a try. Will give some info once I've actually gotten to watching it.

7. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Nope. Haven't watched it. Won't watch it. I hate his stuff, and this looks plain terrible.

I honestly don't know if it is out of style, though. Adam Sandler movies keep coming out because they're big-time winners comparative to how much money they cost to make, which isn't a whole lot. I've read that Sandler's production company is a big favourite of most distributors because they're both easy to work with and always make back the initial investment. He still draws crowds - I just don't know where they're coming from.

UnslaadKrosis and briannagodess like this.
  8. UnslaadKrosis

Jan 31, 2016
    Tamriel (Well mostly)
    Mostly from people who have time to kill, and/or are tired of watching all that nonsense Hollywood is pumping out nowadays and are just looking for plain old-fashioned cliche-filled comedy. And since Sandler's like a brand name of comedy, they turn to his 'films' (if they can be called that). You'll be surprised just how many of these people are out there.

9. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Yeah, I know. My question was more borne out of sadness than anything. I try not to forget that, just because I don't talk to the folks who like these kinds of movies, doesn't mean they don't exist.

At some point in my teenage years I convinced myself that his material was funny, mainly because I liked watching him duke it out with Bob Barker in Happy Gilmore. Youthful naivete...

10. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    To be honest, I will most likely watch this at some point when I am looking for a good laugh or two. I either seem to like (Happy Gilmore) or am bored (Billy Madison) by his movies. That being said, I think this, along with the other movies both Netflix and Amazon are releasing are turning heads from those which never considered cutting the cord.

I have had a few people over the last couple of months reference the movies both are releasing and wondering about cord cutting - and they really never had a interest before. But, now that movies by Adam Sandler and Spike Lee have the word "Originals" associated with a streaming service, it has caught there eye.

11. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Thanks for that information. I guess his movies are quite low budget since it just needs actors and some good scenery. True enough, earning that film budget can be easy if it's not much to begin with. I guess lots of families still watch his films because they're comedies and also because they're kid-friendly.

12. UnslaadKrosis

Jan 31, 2016
    Tamriel (Well mostly)
    Happy Gilmore was a really fun movie (nominated for Razzies, but I found it funny). The whole 'lay by the bay, eat some hay' verbal fight was really, really awesome. Back then, Sandler really made some good (silly, but surprisingly fun) movies. But now, it has just gotten to the point where it's like, 'okay, enough already!'

13. Andy_Lothbrok

Andy_Lothbrok Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I'm in Australia and didn't notice any excessive advertising of the show. They did feature it in the top section of the web page along with two or three others for a little while, but nothing that seemed too much, or more than any other show. I watched it with my son, mainly because he likes Adam Sandler, and it was good to watch for the both of us. Quite funny, and silly like most Sandler movies, but you need to watch it with that in mind and not take it seriously and make sure you bring your childish sense of humour with you.

14. bleblanc10

bleblanc10 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Saw a little bit of it and thought it was ok.

15. DustnBones001

DustnBones001 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    I honestly don't get the hate for Sandler. He makes kick back and enjoy comedy flicks to kill time which is a nice break from the usual Hollywood cliche comedies. I enjoy most of his films and loved ridiculous 6.

16. BehindTrees

BehindTrees New Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Ft.Worth,Tx
    Not an Adam Sandler fan, don't hate him. I will say that I made it through the first 4 or 5 minutes and decided to rearrange my sock drawer instead :cool:

17. DustnBones001

DustnBones001 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    I gotta say I'm amazed by the production value of these Netflix movies. If they keep it up they might give the cinemas a run for their money.