Do you still watch cartoons?

Discussion in 'Cord Cutter Chat' started by Harvey, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Harvey

Harvey Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Im already in my late 20s and I still love watching cartoons. I enjoy the shows in cartoon network especially oggie and the cockroaches and gumball. haha. I also like the shows at Disney channel. I think I'm still a child at heart. What about you?

Jory and PSLoveCharli like this.
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharli Posters

Dec 7, 2013
    Washington, DC
    I actually fall asleep to cartoons at night. Not the cartoon favorites we fell in love with back in the 80's and 90's, but they get the job done. I wish that there were networks that played all of our favorites on Saturday mornings like they used to. Boy would that bring back some memories!

I was thinking of starting a collection of DVDs with all my Nick and Disney favorites. Just to have for my kids and myself, lol.

Harvey likes this.
  4. Haruka

Haruka Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    I still love watching cartoons! Although, I have to admit that I was starting to think I didn't anymore - until I found Adventure Time, that is. Once I saw that show I realized that I was just waiting for a cartoon that was right for me and that I wasn't just growing out of them. Also, one cartoon that has been a constant for me ever since is South Park. I will probably keep watching that show as long as they still make them because I'm already such a huge fan at this point that I would still support them no matter how many people say that they are not as good as they used to be, which I highly disagree with.

5. lovemwaf

lovemwaf Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I think that the cartoons out these days are shallow and dry and so i think that there is nothing cartoons worth watching. I would have been into cartoons if shows like dexters lab was not cancelled and there was some good and interesting things that a grown mind could grasp then i so would love that.

6. sillylucy

sillylucy Posters

Nov 27, 2013
    I still watch cartoons too and I'm i my late 20s. I just thought I was strange. I like watching shows like "Arthur" and sometimes "Curious George." I like "Regular Show" and re-watch "Hey Arnold!" It's my guilty pleasure! They are just so funny!

7. Astdua

Astdua Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 11, 2013
    I am in my 20s myself, and still hop on once in a while and watch cartoons. It's a worthy form of entertainment in my opinion, and sometimes silly stories and adventures geared towards children can be just as entertaining as tv shows, who try(sometimes too much) to be mature and adult these days. Some recent favorite ones are Avatar: The Last Airbender, and it's sequel, Avatar: Legend of Korra. They are master pieces, in soundtrack, animation, storytelling and one of my all-time favorite series, not just cartoons!

Also from time to time I might re-watch old classics that we grew up with.

8. TPhoenix

TPhoenix Founding Member Founding Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    I lost interest in modern day cartoons. They don't hold a candle to what the fun classics were all about. You have a majority of them that have vulgar content now best fitting for the current generation that seems to be taking a nosedive. Not only that, but cartoons use to be hand drawn, original and a derivative of someone with an imagination rather than the pure animation of a computer.

9. cobywill

cobywill Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    East Coast, USA
    I grew up in the Doug, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, era but the cartoons I'm most fond of are the Warner Brothers and Hanna Barbera cartoons. To me they are the definition of cartoons. But I recently got interested in Adventure Time. It makes me laugh a lot.

10. WhataTV

WhataTV Founding Member Founding Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    I love Adventure Time!

Harvey likes this.
  11. Harvey

Harvey Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 18, 2013
    True, there are some cartoons that are very shallow nowadays but not all of them are crap. Adventure Time (a show that @WhataTV loves) is very funny and witty. So is Gumball and Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls. Also, there are a lot of Japanese cartoons (anime) that are worth watching. It's not that bad in the cartoon world right now.

12. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Not really. I would say the last cartoons I got into would be The Simpsons, Ren & Stimpy, South Park and Family Guy. But honestly, I've grown tired of them all to be honest. I will check out Family Guy or South Park on occasion if they are doing a particularly timely episode about something going on in the news, but otherwise I don't bother to catch every new episode.

A lot of the cartoons I watched growing up are not being aired anymore for a variety of reasons. Many of the older shows, such as Tom & Jerry and others had a lot of blatantly racist crap in them. I really don't miss those shows specifically because of that.

13. Lasershark

Lasershark Posters

Apr 6, 2014
    I'm almost 30 and still watch cartoons quite frequently. Really love watching the "old" 80s stuff, like the Transformers, He-man and the Thundercats. I also watch stuff aimed at a more adult demographic, like South Park, but I don't really count those as cartoons.

14. AB9100

AB9100 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Yes. I still watch cartoons.

However. They are adult cartoons. Such as, Family Guy, American dad, and the Boondocks. Technically they are cartoons, even tough they have more of an adult storyline. I do not watch them because they are cartoons, i watch them despite of it. I often wish they were rel shoes, with real actors.

The scripts are so good that they make me watch cartoons. How successful would they be if they replied that brilliant writing to a real show.

15. Livvy

Livvy Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Yep, all the time in fact. There's some great cartoons still being made, but I'll also go back and watch some of the older ones, like the Batman animated series, or Justice League Unlimited.

16. kcut

kcut Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    I still watch cartoons as they are a lot more grown up now than they were before. Ninja turtles is a good example where nunchaku scenes were banned in the first series when it was first released. If you watch the new series all weapons are used extensively and the battle sequences are like 15 rated movies!

I haven't seen he-man or thundercats in ages, but they were my favourite cartoons too. The coolest scene was when cringer changed into battle cat! I wonder if they are going to make a modern version of those like they did with ninja turtles.

[​IMG]

17. Peninha

Peninha Founding Member Founding Member

Apr 6, 2014
    I don't see many cartoons no because I'm overloaded with cartoons most of the time on my TV, my 4 and 7 year olds are all the time watching them. Some movies I do enjoy though, I remember Wreck it Ralph, I loved it, pretty much the 007 of cartoons. :D

18. FloraFauna

FloraFauna Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 12, 2013
    If I happen to catch an old cartoon from my childhood, I might watch out of nostalgia (I loved Batman: The Animated Series, Gargoyles, stuff like that). As for current cartoons, if American Dad counts, then yes I do.

19. Peninha

Peninha Founding Member Founding Member

Apr 6, 2014
    That's true Flora, when I watch cartoons from my childhood that brings a lot of memories, but there aren't many of those still being aired, only the Disney ones probably.

20. FloraFauna

FloraFauna Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Which is interesting to me because when I was a kid, it felt like cartoons that aired before my time were always on TV. I watched The Flintstones, The Jetsons, and Loony Toons regularly, but those were made decades before my time. So I always wondered if kids today were able to catch cartoons from the 80's and 90's on TV. I never sought out those channels, so I didn't know.

21. wahmed

wahmed Member

Mar 10, 2015
    I love watching Disney movies and things like tom and jerry and the Flintstone's. As I've mentioned before I have a 2 year ikd and she has taken to watching the same movie repeadtly for 10 to 12 times. I think I'm over cartooned at the moment